Monday, July 6, 2009

Durian and Petai

How many of us go and study about why we lover certain food and fruit very much? It is because of our friend? Because that food is to easy for us to obtain? It is that food is meeting our budget or free? Or it is because your mum or wife only knew how to cook on that food (most likely happen to 21th century housewife)?
Let me check on mine case. I love durian… since this period is durian season. When this season come, what I can think of from my mind is my family. Especially my father and brother. My father love it very much. And I believe that, he are the key person which train us i.e. my 2 brother and myself to love durian. I and my father can think the same thing. We can buy durian at the same day and same time. Still fresh in my mind, we both buy durian at the same time number of time. And we both eat till…. Almost vomit. I miss that time very much.. hope he able to read this message and recall this as well.
Second is ‘buah petai’. My mum is a good cook. My family and who know me, love her cook as well. She not only good in cooking petai.. she cook curry fish and other as good as chef in big restaurant. Petai… why is my favorite food? What I can recall… petai cook with curry is nice and consider the most cheaper in cost. probably with this reason, my mum cook it most of the time. Other reason probably, with 1 petai on dinning table, she can save to not to cook other dish. See… is very good financial control. Keep the cost as low as possible. With 1 petai, all of us can eat 2 to 3 plate of rice.
Why I choose durian and petai? I think, these two are not a favorite food by current teenager. I just wondering why..

3 comments:

kubi said...

Haha cause both berbau busuk after eating them and most of us need to go tuition and the tuition are in Air cond room so... u will kena ~
i rmb when i small i ate durian then go tuition. Teacher pull my ear and call me to the next room left me alone there.. since then i never eat durian

kateong said...

wahaha...u have to take something to cover it lah.. or go out and release the 'gas'

kubi said...

haha toxic gas.. still small ma cannot eat chewing gum kok xD